Washington, Aug. 17, 2023–Tickets are now on sale for the 65th annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) presented by MARS Equestrian™. Join us for one of the sport’s most time-honored, competitive, and entertaining events in North America, October 23-29, 2023, at The Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Experience the beauty and athleticism of the finest horses and riders in the world, including Olympic veterans, as they come together for seven days and three nights of world-class competition plus entertaining exhibitions, boutique shopping, VIP hospitality, and special events. WIHS will offer nearly one million dollars in total prize money to the best hunter, jumper, equitation, and pony riders competing for coveted year-end titles throughout the week.
Tickets: What You Need To Know
Daytime Events are Free! (Monday through Sunday): All daytime sessions are free, including Monday through Wednesday’s early evening competition. No ticket required.
- Choose from an increased number of food vendor options including multiple concourse concessions and several food trucks
Evening Events (Thursday, Friday, Saturday): All designated evening session tickets are reserved seating. Select your seat from four ticket types:
- Ticket & Dinner: Watch and dine in the best seats at WIHS. Collect your hot buffet-style dinner and beverages, then eat at your seat. Includes unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages. Each adult ticket also includes two servings of beer/wine.
- Premium Ticket
- Select Ticket
- Standard Ticket: The most inexpensive ticket per night.
- Barn Night, Thursday, October 26: $20 adult, $15 child
- Military Night, Friday, October 27: $30 adult, $20 child
- World Cup Night, Saturday, October 28: $45 adult, $35 child
Military Ticket Offer Supported by ROKK Solutions and PlusPR
- Valid on Military Night only, Friday, October 27
- Buy any seat in the house (except Ticket & Dinner) at the price of standard ticket price, while available
- Affiliation badge or ID required, to be shown at The Show Place Arena Box Office
- Up to four tickets per military badge/ID
Enjoy WIHS in 30 Seconds
Visit the WIHS Ticket page for more details and links to purchase on Ticketmaster. Tickets may also be purchased in person at The Show Place Arena Box Office upon arrival, while available.
The Show Place Arena, Prince George’s Equestrian Center
14900 Pennsylvania Avenue
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Parking is free.
- World Cup Night (Saturday, October 28): Thrilling FEI World Cup™ jumping including the $450,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington CSI5*-W presented by Experience Prince George’s for the President’s Cup, the WIHS Equitation Finals, the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase, and the new Leading FEI Groom Award in memory of Karen Golding.
- Military Night presented by Boeing (Friday, October 27): $78,000 Speed Final, the Jump for TAPS supporting Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase, and demonstration by famed horseman, entertainer, and bush poet, Guy McLean.
- MARS Barn Night (Thursday, October 26): Fun for all, especially youngsters. Competition includes the $78,000 International Jumper Welcome and the $40,000 Accumulator Costume Class. Plus, surprise events!
- Kids’ Day presented by Delta Air Lines, a free event, rain or shine (Saturday, October 28, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.): Pony rides, face painting, a horseless horse show, as well as fun and educational hands-on activities for children and families to learn about the wonderful world of horses. Australian horseman Guy McLean will be on hand with demonstrations and educational talks. Free access to arena events.
About Washington International Horse Show