USEF, Pennsylvania National, and Washington International announce schedules at Tryon International Equestrian Center for:
- USEF Medal Finals
- USEF Junior Jumper National Championships
- USEF Talent Search Finals East
- WIHS Championships
From the US Equestrian Communications Department
Lexington, KY, Aug. 23, 2020–As announced previously, the Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Finals, Neue Schule/USEF Junior Jumper National Championships, Platinum Performance/USEF Show Jumping Talent Search Finals – East and Washington International Horse Show Championship Finals will relocate to the Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) for 2020.
TIEC was selected as the best location to host these events because of the size and scope of the facility, its central location relative to other venues, the existing competitions on the calendar and its proven success in hosting events since reopening in June 2020. The tentative timetables for each competition are updated below.
2020 Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Final and Neue Schule/USEF Junior Jumper National Championships
Oct. 8-11, 2020
Thursday, Oct. 8
• 2:00 p.m. – Junior Jumper Horse Inspection (Jog path/Barn 6)
• 4:30 p.m. – Junior Jumper First Individual – Phase I (Tryon Stadium)
Friday, Oct. 9
• 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Medal Training Session (Blue Ridge Arena)
• 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Prix des States – Phase II (Tryon Stadium)
• 7:00 p.m. – Medal Horses must be onsite
Saturday, Oct. 10
• 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Medal Finals- Preliminary Round (Blue Ridge Arena)
• 7:00 p.m. – Junior Jumper Individual Final – Phase III (Tryon Stadium)
Sunday, Oct. 11
• 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Medal Finals, Second Round (top 25) plus testing (Blue Ridge Arena)
2020 Platinum Performance/USEF Show Jumping Talent Search Finals East
Oct. 15-18, 2020
Friday, Oct. 16
• 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. – Talent Search Schooling (Tryon Stadium)
• 10:30 a.m. – Schooling Class (90 second training session) – (Tryon Stadium)
• 3:00 p.m. – Talent Search Phase I – Flat (International Arena)
• 5:00 p.m. – Rider Meeting via Zoom
Saturday, Oct. 17
• 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Talent Search Phase II – Gymnastics (Tryon Stadium)
Sunday, Oct. 18
• 8:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Talent Search Phase III Jumping (Tryon Stadium)
• Following Phase III – Top 6 Veterinary Evaluation/Jog (Tryon Stadium)
• Following Veterinary Evaluation – Final 4 Rider Meeting (Location TBD)
• 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. – Talent Search Phase IV – Ride-Off (Tryon Stadium)
2020 Washington International Horse Show presented by Mars Equestrian Equitation Finals and Pony Equitation Finals, Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Finals
Oct. 21-25, 2020
Wednesday, Oct. 21 (Afternoon)
• Time TBD: Children’s Hunter Championship (Grand Hunter Ring)
• Time TBD: Adult Hunter Championship (Grand Hunter Ring)
Thursday, Oct. 22 (Afternoon)
• Time TBD: Children’s Jumper Championship (Tryon Stadium)
• Time TBD: Adult Jumper Championship (Tryon Stadium)
Friday, Oct. 23 (Afternoon)
• Time TBD: WIHS Equitation Finals – Hunter Phase (Grand Hunter Ring)
Saturday, October 24 (Morning)
• Time TBD: WIHS Equitation Finals – Jumper Phase (Tryon Stadium)
• Time TBD: WIHS Equitation Finals – Final 10 (Tryon Stadium prior to 2:00 p.m. Grand Prix)
Sunday, Oct. 25
• A.M., Time TBD: WIHS Pony Equitation (Pony Ring)
Cross Entering into TIEC Fall Series
For planning purposes, please note that horses will not be allowed to cross enter into the Tryon International Equestrian Center Fall series shows the same week they are entered to compete in the USEF National Championships (USEF Medal Finals, USEF Junior Jumper National Championships, USEF Talent Search Finals East) or Washington International Horse Show Equitation Finals.
Washington International Horse Show Pony Equitation and Washington International Horse Show Adult and Children’s Hunters and Jumper Finals horses and ponies will be permitted to cross enter.
The digital prize lists, stabling and entry information will go live this week. Entries and stabling will be managed for each event separately by PNHS, WIHS and Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search in coordination with TIEC. Please do not call TIEC directly regarding entries and stabling; however, do reach out to TIEC directly for inquiries regarding available on-site lodging at email@example.com.
USEF, TIEC, PNHS and WIHS are all dedicated to providing the safest and highest-quality competition environment for dedicated members, exhibitors, and their families. All events will be spectator-free. The show organizers will continuously monitor the COVID-19 status and will adjust or amend shows based on the guidance from federal, state, and other public health officials. TIEC will be implementing enhanced COVID-19 registration processes in the coming weeks to ensure the environment is as safe as possible and to facilitate contact tracing.
For more information on these events, please visit www.usef.org, www.panational.org and www.wihs.org.