WASHINGTON, June 7, 2021—The 63rd Annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) presented by MARS Equestrian™ will return to Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) in Mill Spring, NC, Tuesday, October 26 through Sunday, October 31, offering exhibitors an exciting experience with new features and treasured traditions.
New Classes and Increased Prize Money
The Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington CSI4*-W for the President’s Cup presented by MARS Equestrian™, the highlight of the expanded FEI division, will offer $215,000 in prize money, the largest purse in its history, bringing the division total to $404,500. Classes also include Thursday’s Accumulator and Welcome Stake, and Friday’s Speed Final and Puissance.
Increased FEI ranking points will be offered in the Welcome Stake and Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, and an expanded number of riders and horses will be accepted in the FEI division and feature classes both during the day and at night under the lights in Tryon Stadium.
New this year for WIHS junior and amateur competitors is a full Medium Junior/Amateur Owner Jumper division, as well as Welcome classes for all Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper riders.
The final event of show week falls on Halloween, and what better way to celebrate the day than with the new WIHS Halloween Hunt Teams for pony hunter riders, with teams of three going all out all with costumes for both ponies and riders.
Spectators and VIP Hospitality
WIHS will welcome spectators onsite following state and USEF guidelines with VIP Tables available for purchase in the Legends Club for daily breakfast and lunch, and dinner during evening sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Top Sponsors Return
Longines will return as a key supporter of WIHS and title sponsor of the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington.
WIHS is pleased to welcome back MARS Equestrian™ as presenting sponsor of WIHS, as well as presenting sponsor of the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, the WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships, and the WIHS Live Stream.
Returning for the fourth year as WIHS Official Airline, Delta will offer discounted travel for WIHS exhibitors and fans to local airports in the North Carolina area.
New at WIHS 2021
- The $215,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup will offer the largest purse in the history of the class
- Increased FEI ranking points earned in the Welcome Stake and the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington presented by MARS Equestrian™
- The FEI division will increase the number of accepted rider entries to 50, and allow up to three horses per rider
- Addition of the Medium Junior/Amateur Jumper Division
- Addition of a Welcome class for Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers
- Pony hunt team costume class and Pony Party Halloween brunch
WIHS 2021 Highlights
- WIHS will welcome spectators and offer VIP tables
- Full traditional competition schedule will run across two show rings – Tryon Stadium and Grand Hunter Ring. WIHS 2021 Draft Schedule
- Live stream coverage of both rings will be available throughout the week on USEF Network, with the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, the Welcome Stake, and the Speed Final available only on FEI TV
- Night classes will run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings
- The Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup presented by MARS Equestrian™ will be held on Saturday evening, Oct. 30, and live streamed on FEI TV
- WIHS Pony Equitation Championships presented by Huntland
- WIHS VIP Hospitality at TIEC
- WIHS Membership is required to earn points for WIHS Equitation Finals and WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships. Qualifying period: Sept. 1, 2020-Aug. 31, 2021. Learn more and join today
- Lodging at Tryon
- COVID-19 Resources (USEF)
- Learn more about Tryon International Equestrian Center
For more information, please visit www.wihs.org, join us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Snapchat. Tag us using #WIHS2021, #FEIWorldCup, and #Longines.
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events with competition for professionals, amateurs, juniors and children. Highlights include the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup and the WIHS Equitation Finals plus community and charity events. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. For more information, visit wihs.org.