WASHINGTON, May 13, 2021–Following a highly successful event in 2020, the WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship will return to Morven Park International Equestrian Center in Leesburg, Va., on Oct. 21-24, the WIHS Board of Directors announced today.
A popular stop on the mid-Atlantic horse show circuit, the WIHS Regional Horse Show showcases riders in a lovely environment. This year, the show will feature three competition rings over four days and, following US Equestrian (USEF) and state COVID-19 guidelines, will allow for spectators as well as family and friends of exhibitors.
“I am thrilled the WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship will return to Morven Park International Equestrian Center this year,” said WIHS President Victoria Lowell. “In addition to a wide range of hunter, jumper, and equitation classes, and highlights such as the Maryland Horse Shows Association Gittings Horsemanship Finals, and the Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award, we look forward to hosting exhibitors and spectators alike and to celebrate competition and camaraderie.”
The WIHS Regional Horse Show will host the USHJA Zone 3 Championship again this year on Sunday, October 24. Approximately the top 18 horses in each division, based on total USHJA points, will be invited to compete, and if invitations are not accepted, additional horses will be invited. Accepted riders will be listed on HorseShowing.com.
The WIHS Regional also serves as a qualifier for the WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships presented by MARS Equestrian™, which will be held at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) during the Washington International Horse Show running October 26-31, 2021. The overall champions in the Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper divisions will automatically qualify for the WIHS Children’s and Adult Championships at TIEC.
- Maryland Horse Shows Association (MHSA) Gittings Horsemanship Finals returns to WIHS Regional in 2021
- Following COVID-19 safety regulations and food and beverage protocols, complimentary exhibitor hospitality will be provided throughout the week and will include the popular exhibitor pizza party
WIHS Regional Horse Show Highlights
- Four days of competition
- Virginia Horse Shows Association (VHSA) and MHSA equitation classes
- Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers
- USHJA Zone 3 Championship 3’3” Amateur-Owner Hunter Division
- Expanded opportunities for jumpers
- 10th Annual Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award; nominations will open in September
- Grand Championships for Green Hunter, Children’s and Adult Hunters and Children’s Hunter Ponies
- Official WIHS and WIHS Regional merchandise will be available onsite
- WIHS Regional Prize List will be available in August
- Official WIHS Regional Horse Show poster will feature artist Kelly Coffin
Vendor and Sponsorship Opportunities
- Vendor opportunities are available for spaces of all sizes. Details at https://www.wihs.org/vendors/.
- Sponsorships at varying levels are available. Email Lara McPherson for more details: email@example.com.
More to Know
- WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship at www.wihs.org/wihs-regional
- Learn more about Morven Park International Equestrian Center
- Learn more about Washington International Horse Show at www.wihs.org
- We’re social, please join us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Tag us using #WIHS2021