WASHINGTON, July 26, 2019–The Washington International Horse Show presented by MARS EQUESTRIAN™, one of the most prestigious, entertaining and competitive equestrian events in North America, is pleased to announce the 2019 WIHS Prize List is now available online.
Highlighting the 2019 schedule is the $136,300 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington offering international riders the opportunity to earn coveted qualifying points for the 2020 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Final taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, in April.
“The Washington International Horse Show enjoyed a 60-year anniversary last year, but the celebration did not end there,” said Victoria Lowell, WIHS President. “So much more than a horse show, WIHS offers riders, owners, and trainers an annual milestone and a week-long celebration of horses in the city. As a rider, I understand that competing at WIHS is a momentous event for any rider. We encourage equestrians and entire D.C. community to experience urban horse showing at its best.”
2019 WIHS Prize List is now online. Entries close Tues, Sept. 3. On the cover: Beezie Madden, winner of the 2018 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™, and Abigail Wexner’s, Breitling LS, painted by Sharon Lynn Campbell, WIHS Official Artist.
New this year, WIHS welcomes MARS EQUESTRIAN™ as presenting sponsor. With an unwavering commitment to horse sport, MARS EQUESTRIAN™ has expanded the roster of equestrian events it supports to include WIHS.
“Dedicated to the sustainability of equestrian sports and enriching lives by sharing the meaningful effect horses have on well-being, MARS EQUESTRIAN™ is delighted to partner with WIHS as presenting sponsor,” said Dr. Bridgett McIntosh, Director of MARS EQUESTRIAN™.
“With Mars’ deep roots in equestrian sports, we are excited to be a part of this historic event that brings the diversity of equestrian sports to one arena in the nation’s capital. From the grace and style of the show hunter, to the thrill of the Olympic-level jumpers, WIHS shares our commitment for an enduring equestrian legacy and delivers entertainment that all can enjoy.”
In addition to international competition, WIHS is home to The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund WIHS Equitation Finals, now in its 28th year, a highly competitive and prestigious national championship for junior riders that involves a rigorous three-phase competition held over two days.
Qualified hunter, jumper, equitation, and pony riders also will converge in the nation’s capital from all corners of the country to celebrate year-end titles with more than $500,000 in prize money on offer. Furthering the monetary offerings, leading rider bonus awards will be presented to both hunter and jumper athletes.
Joining some of the world’s top riders as well as rising stars from within North America, WIHS management has prepared an A-list lineup of judges and officials for the 2019 event, including U.S. Olympic gold medalist Laura Kraut, who will judge the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund WIHS Equitation Finals alongside hunter and equitation judges Chance Arakelian, Sue Ashe, and Walter T. Kees.
WIHS Prize List Now Available Online
- Read online and download the 2019 Official WIHS Prize List.
- Reminder: Entries close Tuesday, September 3.
- Enter today online at www.showmanagementsystem.com.
- Visit www.wihs.org/schedule for event and schedule information.
Complimentary Exhibitor Hospitality
- The Aon Club Exhibitors Lounge presented by Joe Norick is open daily from
- 4am-4pm, serving breakfast and lunch
- After-show party at the Irish Channel Pub, Thursday, Oct. 24
- Welcome breakfasts on Ringside VIP Club, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday
Hospitality & Sponsorship Options at All Levels
- WIHS offers premium hospitality and VIP tables on custom-built ringside VIP Clubs for 4, 6, or 8 guests. Tables are tax-deductible less the value of goods received. For details on personal and corporate partnership options, contact Mary Helen Shaughnessy, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
- WIHS Party Tickets (Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings) are available for the Stella Lounge VIP Club, a new concourse-level hospitality area with complimentary food and beverage and tickets in arena VIP section. Please visit https://www.wihs.org/hospitality/ for more information and to purchase tickets.For more information or to sign up to earn points for the WIHS Championship Finals, visit www.wihs.org/membership.
For a complete list of current rankings, visit www.wihs.org/wihs-rankings.
For more information on WIHS, please visit www.wihs.org, join WIHS on Facebook, and follow on Twitter and Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchatt. Tag WIHS using #WIHS2019 #HorsesInTheCity, #FEIWorldCup, and #Longines.
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events attracting more than 26,000 spectators annually to Washington, D.C., for Olympic-level competition plus community and charity events. More than 500 top horses and riders arrive from all over the globe to jump for more than a half a million dollars in prize money. Highlights include the $136,300 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup, the $25,000 Puissance high jump, $50,000 Speed Final on Military Night and Kids’ Day, a free, fun and educational community event. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is rated CSI4*-W by the Fédération Equestre Internationale, the world governing body for horse sports. The Washington International Horse Show Association, Ltd. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization based in Washington, D.C.